Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Final Days in Boulder (PS anyone want to take a trip with me November 3-6??)

It’s hard to believe I left Boulder exactly a week ago. I wanted to get this post up sooner, but almost as soon as I got home I went on vacation with my family. It has been a hard transition moving back home and living with my family again since I am used to having so much independence and I enjoy being by myself. The morning of our fourth day on vacation I had a little meltdown because I could not handle being around them any longer…

Anyway, on my second to last night in Boulder I had a farewell dinner at Mountain Sun Pub and Brewery with some of my friends. It was really sad having to say goodbye to them! From left to right, it is Elisabeth, Andrew, me, Yun, and Alex.


Wednesday morning I picked up my mom and we drove straight to Red Rocks Amphitheater. It was gorgeous and I definitely want to see a concert there! It is a popular place for people to go and workout, so my mom and I did a very short workout just so we can say that we had worked out there. They were also setting up for a concert that night, which was cool to see.



Then we drove to Boulder and went on a short hike in Chautauqua. For dinner we went to Jax’s, which is a seafood restaurant and has $1.50 oysters 4pm-6pm. They had other items on their happy hour menu too that were delicious. We then met Mom’s friend, Jay, at the Farmers’ Market and walked to Bands on the Bricks on Pearl Street, where an ‘80s cover band was playing. The lead guitarist looked and sort of sounded like a punk rocker, which was very entertaining to watch.


My last morning, we had breakfast at The Buff and went shopping on Pearl Street right when things were opening at 10:00am. This was a really nice time of day since there weren’t any panhandlers out! Then we went back to my apartment to pack everything up and turn in my keys. Our last stop was Peace, Love, Chocolate, which was a really cute chocolate store on the west end of Pearl Street. We both got sipping chocolate for the drive… yummy!

The drive to the hotel that night was kind of rough. For starters we left 2-3 hours after I would have liked to, so we didn’t get to the hotel until after 1am. In western Nebraska we hit a really bad storm and I could hardly see in front of me from all the rain. But the cool thing was that for about two hours in eastern Colorado and western Nebraska I was driving towards a rainbow! At one point it even looked like it was right in front of me!

Once I got into Madison, it really hit me that I wasn’t going back to Boulder. That night I went to see Mat Kearney with some friends, which was really fun. There were only like 5 people between me and the stage!

I am still really sad that I don’t live in Boulder anymore and this is the first time where I am not very excited to be home (so if you are in Madison, you should cheer me up!). Earlier today I caught myself referring to Boulder like I still live there!

I don’t know the next time I will write a blog post since I don’t have much planned besides school for the next few months. Sometime this fall I’ll be (hopefully) going on a retreat with my sorority into the mountains in North Carolina. Then I’ll be back home for Fall Break October 18-21 and Thanksgiving Break November 21-25. I might do something interesting Labor Day weekend. Also, since I have Election Day off, I am thinking about not going to class the Monday before and taking a four-day weekend. If you want to go somewhere with me then let me know! I’m being completely serious – I want to go somewhere November 3-6 J.

No comments:

Post a Comment